Sunday, November 9, 2008

"Discovered", tracks sampled by Daft Punk

Somehow my weekend get always busy and hectic, even though the weekend is supposed to be relaxing and chilled out compared to weekdays. I don't hate it, it's just I have many things to do.

This is "Discovered", released in 2007 by Rapster, a compilation of tunes sampled by none of the other, Daft Punk. A person said to me when we were listening to one of George Duke album "Master of the Game" the other day, about the first track of B-side "I love you more" is a sample Daft Punk used for "Digital Love". I haven't paid attention to what Daft Punk is doing or what tune they make anymore, since they have become the international stars, and, knowing and hearing them in old days, that is kind of like let down. I think I like what they do as entertainers, with metal helmets and space-ship-like stage and lights, they make funny video. But I never have caught up with their music in recent years. But on this compilation, I like their selection from wider variety of genre of music. I am typically impressed with soul selections like George Duke, Sister Sledge, and Little Anthony and The Imperials.

Download

Track List
01. Breakwater - Release the Beast (Robot Rock)
02. George Duke - I Love You More (Digital Love)
03. Edwin Birdsong - Cola Bottle Baby (Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger)
04. Cerrone - Supernature (Verdis Quo)
05. Tata Vega - Get It Up For Love (Da Funk)
06. Karen Young - Hot Shot (Indo Silver Club)
07. Chaka Khan - Fate (Music Sounds Better With You)
08. Sister Sledge - Il Macquillage Lady (Aerodynamic)
09. Oliver Cheatham - Get Down Saturday Night (Voyager)
10. Eddie Johns - More Spell On You (One More Night)
11. Little Anthony & The Imperials - Can You Imagine (Crescendolls)
12. Jerry Goldsmith - The Rec Room (Around The World)

No comments: