Monday, November 3, 2008

Leon Thomas "The Album" & Danielia Cotton "A Rare Child

Hello and welcom to my blog. This is my new blog about my music collection, from Jazz, funk, soul, latin, Brazilian, samba, bossa-nova, to the latest of house, broken beats, drum n bass, and hip-hop, dubstep, and grime.

I have decided to start this blog about my music collection, mainly what I get, purchase, and deal with. I have been thinking about how I deal with my music for such a long time. I have been buying records for about 8 years now, and ever since the day one, I cannot stop finding new stuff and learning from them. From that, I have had some really incredible opportunities to meet people that I have admired, and people that have same passion for music. In addition, I have had great experiences with social networking tools such as myspace, facebook, imeem, youtube, to name a few. And not to mention iPod, podcasts, and bloggers for providing me with greater informations. Much respect.

For the beginning, I just wanna start introducing one of the records I have recently got.

First, 2 Leon Thomas albums I have not seen for a while. The first is "The Leon Thomas Album" from 1970. It's very up-tempo, drum-heavy, and very shows how great Leon Thomas is as singer as well as band leader. Highly recommended. (Though I might have another copy of this record somewhere)

Billy Harper Sax (Tenor) Arthur Sterling Piano Howard Johnson Sax (Baritone) Billy Cobham Drums Bob Cunningham Bass Leon Thomas Flute, Percussion, Main Performer, Vocals Richard Landrum Percussion James Spaulding Flute John Williams Guitar (Bass) Oliver Nelson Arranger, Conductor Gene Golden Percussion Ernie Royal Trumpet Donald Smith Flute Roy Haynes Drums Sonny Morgan Percussion Jerome Richardson Sax (Alto)

Another Leon Album is "Facets" from 1973. It is a compilation from his previous releases, with a little of reworks. He is groovy yet spiritual. The cover picture is just eye-catching, you never going to miss it.

By the way, both albums are original copies, and that's what I definitely go for.


Also, I have received CDR of Danielia Cotton's "A Rare Child". She is neo-soul, R&B, soulful singer from New Jersey. But she has alot of influence from rock music, such as Led Zeppelin, and Janis Joplin. Here is her on NPR Music.

Daielia Cotton on Myspace

Download "A Rare Music"

No comments: